Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The future comes one day at a time

It’s a brand new year and this is my first post for 2006! To say that time flies so fast is kind of lame and so cliché or maybe passé; nevertheless, I’d still ponder on it.

My little boy Josh, who is forty-two months old now (three years and six months, in the usual reckoning), started his official school day today. He went to school yesterday, however, for the orientation: in his brand new uniform and shoes. I went with him (taking a day off from work) so that he could acclimate himself to the new environment he’s going to be in the next three years.

So, I woke him up early to get him ready for the day (all right, it was me who was excited). He was actually not keen on waking up before eight and would still love to snuggle a bit with his bottle of milk. I told him that he would go to school that day, and he replied, “I don’t want to go to school.” Just imagine the tugging we had to go through: I don’t want to take a bath; I don’t want to brush my teeth; I don’t want that duck shampoo. After his bath, brushing his teeth, cleaning his hair and me getting wet, he finally got excited over the taught of going to school. When he finally got his uniform on, he enthusiastically carried his bag containing his water bottle and towel.

When it was time for them (Nursery students) to line-up, he wouldn’t let go of my hand (luckily mummies are allowed that day). He further warmed up when they got inside the classroom and especially at the play area.

Josh just joined his nursery class, but before you know it he’ll be starting Primary 1 and I’d start worrying about PSLEs and GCSEs. For now, I do hope that he’ll learn his Chinese lessons and do well in class and praying to God that he doesn’t bully anyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

|.XBlogger:Musings of a Cluttered Mind;]ieie:)/-*.\"B-day_ake of mr._lark evoL`655`."KontraCC to me back-reply.