Friday, March 03, 2006

Your friendly neighbour... Man in Black



I've mentioned before that one of my two favourite superheroes is The Amazing Spider-man, and here's an update to the blockbuster movie franchise. I received this pic from the Sony Pictures (no, I don't have any connections with any of their people); I'm simply subscribed to the official Spider-man site that's why.

That picture isn't black and white; this merely confirms one of the villains our superhero has to face in the third movie - I've heard they're three. And whom that might be, you ask? It's Venom. There was a time when Peter Parker stumbled upon a black material that's alien from this Earth and he used it for a new suit (I guess he got tired of the red and blue ensemble or that MJ found it too tacky?) This alien thing affected his personality and tried to get into his system - more like the red stone for Superman, huh (I'm actually raking my brains here, not very sure). Peter somehow managed to take it out, but this biological thing possessed another being: Eddie Brock.

Mr. Brock, a journalist, is Peter's arch-nemesis at the Daily Bugle - more like Draco Malfoy for Harry Potter. I wonder what Venom would look like in the film; Topher Grace will be playing this part. But I have no fear when it comes to the Spider-man franchise; costumes are very close to what were drawn in the comic books - most of them villains and hero, anyway. That is one reason why I love the team who brought us the Spider-man movies: they tried to get as close to what we've read in the comic books. Spidey's suit is the coolest superhero costume I've ever seen in the movies. Why can't the Batman and Superman costume designers get it right? Batman with nipples or Superman with hipster briefs and a cape that isn't red enough, come on!

The other villain is the Sandman; now I wonder who might be the third one. Could it be Green Goblin with "Don't tell Harry" behind it? Well, it was hinted on the second film, but I've heard some rumours that he's going to be the Hobgoblin, which is kind of ridiculous because some guy named Kingsley is the Hobgoblin. I know that Norman Osborn is supposed to come back from the dead, but I know movies can't follow all the twists and turns of a comic book. The ending of the second film was perfect for the re-emergence of the Green Goblin.

I can't wait! But May 4, 2007 is still too far from where we are standing right now, I just have to contend with Superman in hipster briefs this summer. Darn!

1 comment:

Yen said...

All I remember is that Venom is covered in black na may white streaks sa mukha... tama ba yun?