Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Getting sweet things in large quantities can't be difficult

I know this is a bit late for Mother's day, but who cares? It is not like motherhood ends when Mother's day ends. Josh gave me something, which they did at school, for this special day; it was a paper-cut dress, which they coloured and painted on, and contains these words:

M -- is for the Many things she's given me
O -- is only that she's getting Older
T -- is for the tears she's shed
H -- is for Heart of gold
E -- is for her Eyes with love's light shining
R -- is Right and Right she'll always be

Josh may be rough with friends at times, but he can be the sweetest kid you'll ever find. Last Sunday, as I was changing his clothes, he said to me (without anyone coaxing him): "Hapi Mader's Day! I lab you, Mommy." I can't deny that I melted into a pile of goo; but that was just one of my moments with him that I will treasure forever.

No comments: