Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Going Potty over Potter

July 2007 is Harry Potter month. Why? Because I said so. Actually, it's because Warner Bros and JK Rowling decided it to be. Order of the Phoenix (the fifth Harry Potter film) was released last July 11, and the very last book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, will be released on July 21st. You could hardly imagine the mania this is causing the Potterworld; me included.

I have booked my movie tickets more than a week before the film release, and, yes, I watched it on its first day. As for the book, I pre-ordered three months in advance, winning over much zealousness and praying hard for the virtue of restraint. I don't want to appear too loony and pre-order even before the book title was released. Yes, pre-ordering at Amazon.com started one year ago. Even after Jo Rowling announced the book title over at her site last December, I still kept my patience, telling myself to wait for the announcement of the release date. February arrived together with a simple and subtle news at jkrowling.com that it's coming out on the morning of July 21. Now I wouldn't look like such an eager-beaver loony fan ordering a book without a title or a release date hankering at the Borders counter.

I've seen the fifth movie and I'm still one-third through the sixth book (Half-Blood Prince). I only got three days left! I'm in a state of panic and excitement. I want to search the internet for more news that usually crop-up preceding the release but I have to finish my re-reads. Oh don't ask me how many times I've read Philosopher's Stone (the first book); it's lots.

No comments: