Friday, November 25, 2005

Bring the fattened calf, kill it, and let us eat and celebrate

When someone is about to leave work for another, why do they treat you like a fattened calf off for an execution? I’ve been treated to some hearty, succulent meals these past days because – well – I’m about to leave the company.

After two years and three months working in the Trade Finance team in the Business Solutions Department of UOB (United Overseas Bank), I’m off to go back to the previous company I worked with, Maybank. Why is that so? Call it whatever you want – expanding my horizons, career advancement – but, really, it all boils down to the fact that I got a better offer, and that I’ve had enough of the crappy people I deal with in my current job (not my Filipino colleagues though). I still have one more workday left, and I pretty hope I have turned over all the outstanding stuff I had been working on this past month (that’s for you, Santi *wink, wink, budge, nudge*).

Am I the first to leave the team? Nope, more like the third. It did wonders to my good friend Vincent; he’s gaining some weight now for the less stress he had to deal with at work – even if his work place is far from his home. Life is indeed great, huh, Enteng? However, I have no hopes of gaining weight, I am planning of losing them, actually. What, with all those free meals and the holidays coming, who hasn’t gained some additional pounds?

Ironic isn’t it that the title of this entry was lifted from the story of the Prodigal Son?

No comments: