Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Somewhere in your career, your work changes

I spent my last half-day in UOB last Monday (more than half a day, actually); it was a somber mood. Not that there was a bawling episode, I was simply too excited to face another chapter in my career life. Tomorrow, I’ll be starting on my new job; I’ve just heard from friends that my desk is waiting for me – completely cleaned by my boss.

As for my other friends who are thinking of changing companies, good luck on your attempt; I do hope it pushes through. To another who’s moving to another country, all my best wishes on your next adventure. Here’s what I leave to you from my good friend Jane Fonda:

If the career you have chosen has some unexpected inconvenience, console yourself by reflecting that no career is without them.

No comments: