Saturday, February 04, 2006

Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads

Shoes, shoes, glorious shoes! Let it be Manolo Blahnik's, Jimmy Choo's, Nine West, Pretty Fit, Charles & Keith, or even Parisian, just what is it with women and shoes? Imelda Marcos is a name associated to one who has a huge collection of shoes – aside from the fact that she was once the driving force behind one powerful man. Can someone explain to me the passion between a woman and her sets of shoes?

I'm not the type of woman who has got to have a set of shoes that matches to the colour of her dress; all of my shoes are in black, aside from my sneakers (of course!). Before I got the sensible dark colours such as brown, blue - even green - and an occasional white, but I guess my preferences changed and so did my lifestyle. Gone were the days when I have to dress-up all girly off to a ball, and so my girly, twinkly, sexy pumps had to go. I no longer had to wear company uniforms and so those blues, greens and brown pumps flew off the window as well.

I don't have a large collection of shoes ' you can tell just from the range of colour that I buy. But still I go ga-ga when I see a style that captures my eye. The first thing you'll see me do when checking out shoes is look at the heels. They simply had to look great; no cheesy curves nor geeky ones. I don't like stilettos for they are such killers! A three-inch heel is fine with me, but I can’t seem to stand on a heel that's between 1 and 2 inches high (I simply don't like them). If it's got to be flat, it should be flat; no semi-flat (or whatever they call them). To top it all off: they should look great on every view; be it from the top, side, or back.

I was presented with a Victoria's Secret brochure filled with great looking shoes last week, and I lost some minutes of sleep tossing, turning thinking of those pumps. I simply have got to have those glorious boots. After so much consideration, I'm thinking of adding a few colours to my array of shoes; I better bring back some colour to my feet. Red. I never had red shoes. Maybe I should try one.

Shoes should match one's bag. Oh, bags! Women and their bags: that's another wonder.

No comments: