Tuesday, February 14, 2006

To those who know the pain of valentines that never came

Today is Valentine's day or what Jay Leno calls "Extortion Day!" So, instead of sending you all short messages let me greet you here.

May you find love - not just for today - but until the end of your days. Have a lovin' and sweet Valentine's Day.

Love can't be learned
Love isn't alms
Love isn't need
Love isn't completion
Love isn't just a feeling
Love defies reason
Love is beyond human comprehension.

The quote above is something I had put together some time ago from my readings; and the last line has some big resonance for me. A colleague told me today that love is overrated. The man's love, probably, because we tend to shift and change; being wholeheartedly in love all the time is next to impossible. God's love, however, is understated and often forgotten.

No comments: