Thursday, December 01, 2005

Midnight, and the clock strikes, then we pig out

That’s that the Noche Buena, a traditional Filipino Christmas eve; misa de gallo comes first, of course. I love these midnight holiday feasts; I know that Christmas is twenty-four days far from now, and New Year is about a month, but I can’t help but start planning on what to put on our table during those coming overindulging moments.

I will again miss the Purefoods Fiesta hams, so the only way make-up for that is by ordering an even bigger ham from Cold Storage. I think they offer the best hams here in Singapore, aside from the preposterously priced hams from hotels. So I made a choice yesterday between these four good-looking, succulent, weight-gaining pieces of meat and placed my order. With that already set, I think I’m already halfway through my preparation – as they say in our country: “It’s not Christmas if you don't have a ham on your table.”


No comments: