Sunday, July 23, 2006

Spare me your comfortable shoes

Two dozen and ten years have gone
Since I first woke up and set
My tiny little feet to take the small steps
That would lead to life's every adventure.

I've walked on cement, on gravel, and on asphalt
Waddled in the mud
Touched the sand with my bare feet
Felt the freshly mowed grass
Crumple under me weight.

The beat made my feet dance
To an exhilarating tune
And each slow step swaying to a lullaby
Decelerated my thumping heart.

They said life is a journey
And my feet are already killing me
Yet I still have thousands of miles to go
Before I sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hirap ata i-translate sa tagalog nito ah... me five lines pa....

Dalawang dosena't sampung taon ay lumipas
Mula nang sumulpot at mata'y naibukas
At mumunting paa ko'y tumahak ng landas
Sa anumang kapalara'y handang iparanas

.....
ha ha ha, di yata pareho....

- ala-eh