Monday, August 28, 2006

Bargains aren't really cheap

There's a huge reason why I don't shop at Sim Lim Square - a six storey building housing stores selling IT products. The place is so vast with different stores selling almost the same products. The first time you'll step inside this place, you'll be overwhelmed by the orderly chaos of people moving around jumping from one store to another and of hecklers giving away flyers.

Since the redemption centre for the O2 speaker, which I got for free when I bought my Atom, is in this building I had no other choice but to wade through throngs of people looking for a good deal. After redeeming my speaker, I looked around the store for a good case for my PDA phone; I saw one leather case and another hard case. I liked the hard one and asked the store help for the price; she said it costs $49. I went to the next store as Herman was looking around as well; they have the same leather case and that silicone cover that makes your gadget look like it's wearing a very thick condom.

I asked him to come with me back to the old store as I am really poor at haggling. The previous store help was gone so we asked another and got a lower price of $45. Thinking that we got a good bargain and since the store is an authorized 02 dealer, we bought the pretty looking case. After a few minutes of window shopping, we finally decided to leave, but only after checking what's on sale at the ground floor. Well, to my dismay I saw that the case I just bought at the 5th floor is being sold at the lower floor for only $35!

I went home downhearted yet still ecstatic that I found the best looking case I could find. I simply promised myself that I'll buy another one in pink and I'll make sure that I'll buy at the ground floor.

No comments: