Friday, August 04, 2006

Clothes Horse

What is it with girls and balls? I am not pertaining to the round things that bounce or to the ones in a man's crotch; what I want to talk about is that grand party where people dress up and mingle, and partake in such a luxurious frivolity. We are going to have a dinner and dance in our company this Saturday and I can't help but wonder about the different outlook between genders on this coming affair.

Men are more laidback and are just coming because of the great food and of the chances of winning in the lucky draw. Women, on the other hand, are just as excited about the grub and of the prizes, but it is their look for the night that plagues their mind for the past week or so – what to wear, what type of make-up and hairstyle, the kind of shoes, the jewellery, to go to the beauty salon or do-it-yourself; the list seem to be endless.

Sometimes I just wished I hadn't signed-up to join this party, but then again the girly itch kicks in and I'm off to the mall to buy all the things I'd ever need to glam up.

No comments: