Monday, August 08, 2005

Time of great stress… a four-day off

I love long weekends. It’s Singapore’s 40th birthday tomorrow, so a holiday on a Tuesday could give you nice ideas of skipping work on the Monday before that. And I did what a normal, vacation deprived worker would do, I applied for a one day leave. Ah… the fun of four days without anything to do… Freakin’ shite! It’s the third day and I feel so tired.

We’ve been going around and haven’t spent more time in the house these past few days than we normally would on a weekend. Blame it to all the sales going around in Singapore? There’s some crazy toy fair over a Takashimaya, which would end on the 14th of Aug; you lot better check it out. It was a freakin’ good bargain! Josh pretty much collected a few more to add to his burgeoning collection of toys; another trash to deal with at home.

I only checked my email today since last Friday, and oh good Lord! I’ve got at least 50 mails to read through; that includes yahoo groups crap. It’s great to hear news from a friend who just got married and another one who announces her coming wedding date. Times are really flying past by us so fast that you could hardly breathe for air. That is why vacations are there for a breather. We’re going to Phi Phi island in Phuket, Thailand next weekend, by the way (haven’t you noticed the odd names of places in that country? Hehehe). We’ll be staying at Holiday Inn Resort, all thanks to my husband’s employee benefits.

No comments: