Monday, April 18, 2005

The brain is a wonderful organ

The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office. – Robert Frost

Let's continue onto the analysis of the quotes given to us by our boss. The one above isn't given to us, obviously. But this one was:

A little learning is a dangerous thing, but a lot of ignorance is just as bad. – Bob Edwards

I admire intelligent people – no, you don't need to rival the genius that was Einstein or be a member of the elite MENSA group. I love people of substance. I wouldn't mind little conversations about the simplicity of one's mundane life, anything that will keep me to my wits would be very much welcomed. Tell me what you think of the confounding international affairs and I'll share to you my ideals. My mind seem to be working a hundreds miles per hour that my body can't keep up with. I guess that's the reason why I called this ranting, musings of a cluttered mind.

And so meeting people as obtuse as my dear 'amo' (whom we fondly call Dexter), clouds my mind – like gathering crap in its sluggish motion. I'm not sure if I should blame it to position, power or clout, but have they really stopped thinking? I could swear profanities to high heavens for all the consternations I have had all because of his incompetence, but still I said a silent prayer for a little lesson I have just learned. I am just thankful that I have colleagues of substance that made my work worthwhile.

Worry is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere.

Hah! I hate worrywarts; they are such a nuisance – like a stiff stick up in your arse. There's one S/A in our team that fits this part, we call her Dee Dee. Yes, they're both from the Cartoon Network; we even got the Powerpuff Girls. Anyways, I digress… let's go back to little Miss Bundle-of-Nerves, she too isn't the smartest in the lot, I guess you can blame it to that. A little nit-picking doesn't hurt at all, actually. But phleasez, spare us a sampling of your ineptness!

I'm not trying to be such an impertinent prick nor claiming to be a Miss-Know-it-All, but being in this line of work, where logic is the most important thing, I could be a little unforgiving. Memories of my first year in college came rushing back to me now. I had gained new friends then, there were five of us in the group, it was the end of our very first term and we were waiting for our grades. We all got our class cards and compared, well two of us passed in our first programming course, the other three didn't and had to take it again the following term. They actually failed that course twice and at the end what they said stuck to my mind since, 'Logic, can I buy that?' Out of frustration, two shifted course and took Lia-Comm, instead, and the other one went to take BS Math with specialization in Computer Applications, ironic isn't it?

No comments: