Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Don’t judge my brother; he is not a book



I have seen the trailer of Peter Jackson’s latest film, King Kong; from it, I can’t really say that I’m excited to watch it. But, hey, like books we can’t simply judge a movie from its teasers; take The Village, for example: the trailer was great and it looked scary, but the entire film was a total disappointment. Nevertheless, I trust Peter Jackson, for he is one filmmaker who tells great stories (Lord of the Rings, people!). Trailers, however, could give viewers the wrong impressions. This film, in particular, has a trailer that is aiming to awe and shock the audiences about the monsters you’ll see in the film, the spectacular actions, and the splendid special effects; however, what is not shown in the heart and soul of the entire film: the character development.

Based on the premier showings of King Kong, critics are lauding that this is another box office hit and that the movie is great. This is not another monster movie or the big ape the king of the jungle either; there is more to the movie than that. It’s been said that the movie works in various levels: a lot of action, humour, best special effects, and most importantly, the relationship between the beauty and the beast is believable.

I have not seen the entire 1933 original version, though I’ve seen some bits of it; and now, I am wondering what Peter Jackson took from this favourite movie of his. I’m looking forward to the awesome gorilla brought to life by Andy Serkis and the special effects team who gave us the schizophrenic Gollum.

King Kong opens today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is one great movie again from Peter Jackson. I've already watched, and loved it!!



-DB23-