Sunday, May 01, 2005

The dark force grows, Anakin…

Be wary of your feelings…

The final film is here! Yes! Yes! Yes! Episode III: Revenge of the Sith will be released on May 19. Okay, I am a Star Wars fan but I am no junkie, Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter junkie maybe, but definitely not a Star Wars junkie. But still, as any good old movie lover, who wouldn't like this Sci-fi fic? I guess because I was raised in this era, flying X-wing fighter planes, swords of different colors that don't have those click-clanking sounds, and a villain who was the height of cool wearing all black and had an asthmatic breathing. I remember the days, back when my Dad brought us to the movie house to watch episodes 4, 5 and 6, I hate the rolling text at the beginning because I can’t follow it, and it scrolls too fast for my little mind. I liked Princess Leia because she's so feisty; she's got spunk, an all-woman liberation front. And she’s got a great taste in fashion, who wouldn't love that gold two-piece thing? But please not those 'bagel ensaymada buns' hairstyle, heaven forbid!

And so, I anxiously waited for the merchandise to flood all over the Singapore island. Though, I was a bit surprise that it was Baleno that got the franchise to distribute the t-shirts. What happened, Bossini, things got a bit out of hand? How come there's no black t-shirt with Darth Vader's headshot? M1 got one, but you have to buy a new phone, which I am not going to do anytime soon, because, well, I want the O2 Xda II and I need to start scrimping for it.

I love dark chocolates and was quite happy that there are now dark M&M chocolates. Have you seen the M&M's wrappers? They are quite a riot and damn too funny, this is one movie-brand product tie-up I like. My good friend, April, and I enjoyed picking which one to buy because each wrapper is different and the lines are funny. There's the "I sense much hunger in you", "Luke, I am your peanut", "Don’t eat me: I am you apprentice" and my all-time favorite, "We're bald, and we’re bad". For the complete list, here's the place to visit. Check out the M&M’s website, it is way cool; you can download wallpapers and screensavers. Am I being dorky, now?



Why is Darth Vader such a lovable villain? Was it because he was such an enigmatic character? I guess we all fell in love with the journey of the young Anakin Skywalker. 'I sensed so much fear in you. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, and hate leads to suffering.' Those were the wise words of Yoda to the young boy in front of the Jedi council; they so much summed up everything that he will come to be. Such wise old guy, that Yoda is – green, mean, pretending to be weak butt-kicking machine. We all fell in love with this poor boy who had a knack for pod racing and maker of C3PO. We got giddy when he asked Padmé if she was an angel, never even bothered that they have a 7 or 8 years difference. Oh, we all know that one scene in Episode II at the fields was a bit cheesy, but they look good together. Well, Natalie Portman Padmé was pretty hot, isn't she? Any hot-blooded male would fall for her, even if you were a Padawan, a Jedi apprentice. We all know that Jedis can't marry (didn't you know that? Now you know), yet still Anakin did. One reason they start training them young, probably at the age of three, was because a Jedi must stay a virgin, maybe because if they lost their virginity, they won't be able to wield their lightsaber anymore (pardon the pun). Well, we all know Anakin put that lightsaber to good use, because he had twins. His journey to the dark side started in Phantom Menace and further got closer to is in the Attack of the Clone, now I'm looking forward to how he finally gave in and succumb to the quagmire of hate the was slowly eating up his being.

Another tidbit, have you ever wondered where I got the name for my little boy? Attack of the Clones was released on the same year he was born, and the young man, Hayden Christensen, who would be the teen-age Anakin, was already announced. Need I say more? Oh, and Josh Hartnett seemed pretty hot that time with Pearl Harbor and Black Hawk Down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://joqtyonx.com/xnle/btih.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://qrohnnzy.com/qqui/zqjk.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://joqtyonx.com/xnle/btih.html | http://ucjvsouw.com/ivpp/feug.html