Monday, May 09, 2005

Little Things

I will try to redeem myself a bit here, because I know that the day will come when my son will learn to read, use the computer and surf the net. One day he will read what I have written and he'll never forgive me with what I wrote on my previous post. I'll just smile to him, of course, when that day arrives, smugly as an all-knowing mom. Aside from trying to make up for that circumcision thing, I want these things to not just simply be remembered but forever be etched in the web world (unless the server goes down and erases everything, I'll have to find another blogging site soon) so that one day, he'll get to read them and know the things he had done when he was just a tyke.

Here are the little things that made me love being a mom to this little boy we fondly call Josh. The one boy who bursts with the energy of two little boys combined. The spitting image of his father but got my eyes.

1. Mommy wake-up. Those are the two words I usually here every morning after a soft kiss on the cheek. He sleeps in his own room and normally gets-up before everyone else. Once he gets off his bed, he’ll come running to our room and nuzzle in between my husband and me.

2. Wet hugs. He would always insist that I would give him a bath every weekend or whenever I'm at home and not working. He'll give me wet tight hugs before I towel him of.

3. Where's the Mommy? We were all going out the other day, he and his Dad got to the lift first before I did and so the door closed before I got to them. Those where the words he asked my husband. Grammatically wrong, but who cares? The day will come when I would grill him for that slip of but for now, I'll cherish it.

4. Sweet kisses and tight hugs. Josh is one amorous baby. Every time when I arrive home from work, I'll get those lip-smacking kisses and neck-breaking hugs.

5. Dances for Mom. He's a good dancer; I'm not saying this because I'm his mother, but because I can see from his moves that he's got the groove. Whenever he hears a danceable song, he'll call my attention and start moving.

6. Mickey or Mommy? He watches his favorite cartoons in the morning as I prepare myself to work. And every time when on my way out, he's torn between his TV and me because he wants to watch and at the same time to go with me to the bus stop. I win all the time, 'cause he sees me off to work (I guess, Mickey could wait). I'll treasure it for now, because the day will come when I have to pry him away from that tube.

7. Tease. My boys love to tease me. It was quite a sight seeing two people laughing at your expense. What's even more bothering was that they look the same, one big and one his diminutive double.

The list could go on, but for now I'll leave it as it is.

No comments: