Thursday, July 21, 2005

Dream-like delusional hypothesis

From the previous posts that I have done, you could right away tell that I belong to one group of people in the Potterverse. Nope, not one of those deranged fanatics (though I am really, and a bit proud of it). Okay, I belong to that little group who thinks that harryloveshermione or the other way around. I am what they call an H/Hr (Harry/Hermione) shipper.

In less than a week, my ship was cannoned by the book and finally was hit in the middle to make it break and sink by an interview of the author. The ship has sunk far deep into the abyss of the northern seas and the crew was called delusional.

Why did I even think of these two (Harry and Hermione) ending up together anyway? It was pretty obvious that Ron likes Hermione and that from their bickering you could feel the “sexual tension” between. We simply saw that connection Harry has with Hermione – a thing that some of us could only dream of or hoping to have with someone. I guess we had aimed for the perfect partnership.

To quote one shipper (Potter’s Otter) from the forum I usually visit: “Is it wrong to want the best for Harry? Is it wrong to want Harry to be with a girl who has been his biggest supporter from the start? Is it wrong to want Harry to be with a girl who has never left his side, who has never betrayed him, who has helped him through obstacles, who has been his guide, who has been his protector? Is it wrong to want Harry to be with a girl who has helped him to see through the darkness, and has helped him face the unknown – a girl who has always chosen the right path as opposed to the easy path as far as Harry is concerned?

As far as Hermione is concerned, I just wanted her to be with someone that she can connect with on a deeper level. I wanted her to be with someone for whom she doesn't have to change, someone she can respect who, in turn, respects her. I wanted her to be with someone who loves and is in awe of her intelligence every time it's displayed, and not someone who only smarms up to her when he needs help finishing his homework because he's too dense to finish it himself. Above all, I wanted her to be with the best man for her because she deserves the best.”

I guess we are just some deranged group of people who dreams of the perfect love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://iujyulvi.com/ntks/htxa.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://pvnsjkyb.com/xwko/etum.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://iujyulvi.com/ntks/htxa.html | http://ntzlolna.com/osho/kkig.html