Sunday, July 03, 2005

A mother's love for her child as the prime example of love or friendship

Just how does one say ‘thank you’ to the person who had given her a chance to live? How do you say ‘I love you’ when these words don’t seem to be more than enough to express what you feel?

I have said that I was my father’s metaphor, but in some ways I, too, am my mother’s daughter; I guess I am a mixture of both – aside from their names: Rey and Nel.

What I am today is what my mom raised me to be. She had shown me that women have power and strength to become whoever they wanted to be. I adore her and idolize her; she’s a woman of intelligence and of great courage.

I thought then that all mothers loved and cared for their daughters the same way she had always done for me, but as each day or years go by and the more I see of the world around me, I realized that our relationship is extraordinary - far beyond what is conventional.

I am thankful that I have a mother who taught me to love myself, as well as the others, to trust in my own instincts and to be true to myself. She had given me the greatest gift a mother could give to a child: a beautiful example of strength and courage.

To the most special mom in the world: Happy Birthday! We love you, Mom.

The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness. – Honore de Balzac

No comments: