Sunday, July 17, 2005

Half-Blood Prince and I

The excitement over the release of the latest Harry Potter has addled my brain somehow, so forgive me for not having entries these past days. Now that I have taken a little break from the HP hullabaloo, let me tell you how I got my copy of the HBP. Singapore released the book the same time as it was released in Edinburgh (we're 7 hours ahead).



15 Jul
16:00 - I'm, hyperventilating from excitement
23:00 - I'm lying on my bed because I need to get up early.
23:15 - I still can't sleep, so I decided to watch an episode or two of LOST at my PC.

16 Jul
00:25 - I'm already watching another episode of my favourite TV show and thank heavens! I'm feeling sleepy.
04:30 - My phone's alarm hollered.
04:50 - I'm well and ready to start my day's adventure.
05:05 - I'm already inside the Borders bookstore and checked the line and it didn't look like it's long enough. They're showing Chamber of Secrets!
05:10 - I went to the bookshelves to look for books that I could buy along with my HBP or read while lining-up.
05:50 - Carrying two books, I went back to check the line. Oh no! it now went as far to the hallway of Wheelock Place. I dropped the books I'm carrying in one corner and took my place at the end of the line, cursing myself for being so stupid.
05:52 - It doesn't look bad. Looks like I'm the 67th person on the line (I hope so!).
06:15 - Hagrid just passed me by. Okay, he's a shop staff dressed as that half-giant.
06:20 - Is that Volde - uhmmm... He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named? He looks small, on second thought, he oddly like Emperor Palpatine in those robes.
06:22 - Channel News Asia people are taking videos of people on the line and the reporter is doing her spiel.
06:30 - The young man standing in front of me looks cute: messy, black hair that stick to the back; probably of Harry's age, too.
06:45 - They're interviewing the young lady on my back.
06:50 - They're asking the kids in front of me a few questions.
06:51 - Hagrid announced that there's only 10 minutes left.
06:55 - People on the front began shouting as the staff already brought out the boxes at the counter.
07:01 - More shouting and the first copy was sold.
07:35 - I'm on the counter paying for my own copy.
07:40 - I'm sitting at one of the tables of Coffee Bean, drinking cappuccino, eating chocolate muffin, and reading the first chapter.

Jul 17
03:00 - I finished reading the last page of the Half-Blood Prince.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Yen,

Wow less than a day mo lang tinapos. It's been awhile since your last e-mail ha. I forgot this is our common ground, mahilig magbasa. Yun lang nga, you can't get me to read L'estat. You were already in Singapore when the Harry Potter fever hit the Phils. Sayang point of discussion ulit sana natin. Sige I'll tell you what I think when I finally get to read Half Blood Prince. Bye for now!

Anonymous said...

well, you're now a certified HARRY POTTER ADIK!!! pahiram naman!! jok jok jok!!!!

-db23-

Anonymous said...

pahiram din ako! isang book palang ang ang nabasa kong buo sa tanang ko.. hehehehe
- marc -