Friday, July 08, 2005

Re-building bridges

I had the most amazing day today. I’m not the kind of blogger that bores you with whatever happened to my mundane life in a day, except, of course, when some stupid idiot buggers my day. I just felt that I need to voice out the elation I had when I re-connected with old friends.

The other night, I was busily going through my small number of friends in Friendster, and I was led into this friend’s friend, whose name sounds oddly familiar; from there I got a link of a yahoo group. I checked it out, and goodness gracious me! It was a collection of old schoolmates from my good old hometown San Jose, Occ. Mindoro. Hands quivering in excitement, I signed on and joined the group.

Boy! Am I glad to know that some people still do remember me – probably because I did some name-dropping like my Mom’s – nah, I hope I etched a mark in people’s memory on my own. A wide grin spread across my face when I saw names of old classmates listed as members of this group, and their emails are there, too. So I did what I had been aching to do all these years, re-build old bridges that had been rotting to pieces because it hadn’t been trod upon in years.

Barely a day had passed and old friends started sending me emails and today we had a good chat over at YM. Look what I got from it! An old class picture of the class I left in the middle of our third year.



For a large image of this pic go here.

I am so delighted that there’s this group, which helped in a way of patching up broken connections and gaining new friends, who shared, somehow, a history with me.

Cherish your human connections: your relationships with friends and family. – Joseph Brodsky

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lucky u lah, me kant find any classmate frm hayskul, maybe they dunno internet lah.... happy for u....

-- bathan--

Yen said...

kabayan,

kahit sa bundok meron na rin siguro internet (hehehe)

Anonymous said...

aiyah... no lah, yung barangay namin eh 'ala pa ring linya ng telepono... hirap tuloy makipagtalastasan... puro teks na la-ang....