Thursday, September 08, 2005

Dreary life of a programmer

Mundane life can be irksome sometimes. Today was like any ordinary day for a poor analyst programmer like me: log-on to the network; do some programming; test whatever you have done; check emails over the internet; another round of testing; and finish up with documentations. The one glitch I had had been on the testing part. My changes should communicate with another application and boy! am I in for a good testing of patience. Our application can’t seem to communicate and get any response from the other application, not only that I just felt that my connection to the server appeared to be sluggish.

Well, I did what I would normally do: close all applications running on my PC and re-boot. Wow! I never thought I was in for a big surprise. After the re-boot, not only was I unable to connect to the email server, but I was also unable to connect to the AS400 server. Gee! When things are really conking up on you, they really do break down together. I think that was part of Murphy’s Law.

So here I am with nothing to do except use word or excel; there’s nothing much I can do either, for I can’t do documentation because I need to get to the network to finish that up. So creating an entry to my blog looked like the most plausible thing to do. But wait! I can’t connect to the network, which means that I don’t have Internet connection. Oh, darn! This had to wait until I get home then.

No comments: