Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Thunder is impressive; but it is lightning that does the work

Michael Jackson’s Essential album, saved in my iPod, is booming loudly in ears; the sky is awfully dark compared to last night’s; the busy streets is suddenly filled with the clapping of thunder as it ripped through across the sky and my path is brightened by the lightning that flashed from the dreary skies.

That was a scary. I wasn’t a person who is easily rattled by thunder and lightning, but I was freakin’ walking in Paya Lebar and in Singapore; I don’t want to end-up in the news: “A woman died after struck by lightning near Paya Lebar MRT station”. This place is the capital of lighting deaths!

The lightning risk in Singapore is high and it’s highest in Paya Lebar; this could probably be because Singapore is somewhere in the equator and Paya Lebar sits smack on top of it. I do know one thing for sure is that our condo building has a Lightning Protection System; that is why I was pretty much anxious to get home and the construction site that I have to pass through didn’t helped much in my freaked-out state. This is a place where you could be struck by lightning on any given rainy day – even while training for a football game.

I got home fine; otherwise I wouldn’t be able to post this.

No comments: