Monday, September 26, 2005

Tripping on a rock while walking down the memory lane

I had a huge smile on my face this morning after I opened an email from an old classmate; okay it wasn’t just a huge smile, I was practically crying from too much laughing. My good friend took the time to scan through an old slumbook (or autograph book), and picked-up the best definitions of what love is for a sixth grader (copied word-for-word).

Here’s my very own entry: "Love exist in our heart." I can’t believe that I am that clueless back then. Here are a few more, but I’m going to withhold their names. If you are an alumnus or alumna (just to be safe for those who object to masculine forms) of Divine Word College – San Jose, Occ Mindoro, you’d get to know who they are if you join our yahoo group and you will also be directed to our forum.

Aaa said:
"Love is surrounded by water, which no one can enter except your lover"

Jjj said:
"The measure of love is love without measure"

Rrr said:
"Love is part of your life"

Ddd said:
"Love is an imitating of two person, two heart enchange"

Vvv said:
"Love is like an hamburger that has everything on it"

Ooo said:
"Love is the way to be married and the hearts are tied together"

Ttt said:
"Love is a feeling when you eat a banana"

Now, don’t come to me asking why you didn’t felt anything anywhere near being in-love after eating a banana, because I will simply tell you that it all depends whether it’s a Filipina banana or a Filipino banana.

How I wish now that I had a slumbook of my own then, and asked my classmates to write on it, too. That piece of ragtag notebook could be priceless today! One thing I do remember is that my favorite motto was “What is beauty if the brain is empty?”

Now come to think of it, isn’t that a maxim of a nerdy girl who isn’t pretty?

No comments: