Friday, June 10, 2005

Lies that had long since lost their function

Holy (insert expletives here) shite! The pilot episode of the long-awaited TV show in Singapore has been finally aired. I’ve been waiting for Lost to come over to the Singapore tv land since it started in the US. Imagine the excitement pumping through my veins when I came across one of its promos over at the cable channel AXN and then later on at the local English channel (Mediacorp 5); they said March 2005 will welcome the Lost mania.

March had come and gone yet I haven’t seen a single episode from any of the two channels. Later on I learned that Mediacorp had earned the exclusive rights to the show, which meant that cable channels could not air the show before them. Urgh! It’s like Desperate Housewives all over again.

Anyways byways, it’s finally here and just as I anticipated, blew my mind away. Every character had his own story, his very own little lie – a misrepresentation of reality, which could be the redeeming force to help them survive the ordeal.

The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.

No comments: