Saturday, June 04, 2005

When irony happens without words

I did something last night that I had been restraining myself not to do for the past five months: pre-order the latest Harry Potter book. I’m weak; I gave in and fumbled. Come to think of it, on the morning of Saturday, 16th of July, I will wake up at around 6 a.m. and prepare to be at the Borders bookshop in Orchard by 7:01 a.m.

Imagine my shock when I opened the paper this morning, and saw the Singpost ad that they accept pre-orders for the same book and that their offices will be opened on that same date and time to distribute the orders. SingPost main office is just two bus stops from my place. Goodness! I felt like ramming my thick head into the wall. They even offer the book at a cheaper price! They could deliver it to your home, or if you collect it yourself at their office, you could get a free Pizza Hut personal pan pizza. Now I’m going to ram my head to that hard wall!

No comments: