Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Remember when it rained in your heart

You finally said the words that made my world came crashing down. You simply had to draw the line. How many times have I dangled that rope right before your very eyes, I couldn’t bring myself to remember; yet you refused, time and again, to grasp it or even give it a single glance.

You left me all alone to feel the pain. I’ve tried desperately not to succumb further into the quagmire of emotions, yet I had to wallow in hopelessness and self-pity. I was powerless to fight the darkness that was slowly eating my very core and had to surrender to the animosity of desolation.

I know in my heart that you will haunt me forever, but I have to wake up and accept the truth that there is no one else here but me.

A broken heart is what makes life so wonderful five years later, when you see the guy in an elevator and he is fat and smoking a cigar and saying long-time-no-see. – Phyllis Battelle

No comments: